At Newport Junior School we believe strongly that our role is to provide the best life opportunities possible for our children. The belief is reflected in the aims of our Equalities Policy
• To ensure all learners are valued equally and have access to a full curriculum and have every aspect of the life of the school.
• Ensure diversity between individuals and groups is recognised and respected.
• Foster positive attitude and relationships and a shared sense of cohesion and belonging.
• Develop good equalities practice in staff recruitment, retention and development.
• Reduce and remove inequalities and barriers that already exist.
The school’s practice is reflected in a range of policies which are available on our Policies page
SEND – Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
If you’d like to read more about how we deal with SEND at our school, you can do so on our SEND page: