I am delighted and relieved that we are able to open school tomorrow! Advice from Telford and Wrekin is that weather conditions will now ease and we can plan for a return.
Please find below a plan for the next three days:
- Depending on the weather in the morning you may still wish to send your child in wellies/old shoes with their school shoes in their bag. Again dependent upon the weather a spare set of clothes may also be useful in bags.
- Christmas Jumper day as planned. Children may wear uniform but replace their green jumper with a Christmas jumper for £1 for Save the Children.
- Years 5 and 6 – please go STRAIGHT TO CHURCH in the morning for your performance rehearsal.
- Years 3 and 4 – please go STRAIGHT TO SCHOOL in the morning. Please follow the footpaths marked by Mr Matthews our Caretaker and do NOT wait on the yard go straight into your classrooms which will be open from 8.30am.
- Christmas Dinner can go ahead as planned. Please send (if you haven’t already) £2.10 for your child’s Christmas dinner if they would like to have one.
- In the afternoon we will have the Year 6 Christmas Party.
- 7pm at St Nicholas’ Church – The Year 5 and 6 Christmas performance. All are welcome to come to watch this performance. Please send a home link tomorrow to your class teacher if you are unable to bring your child to perform.
- 2pm and 6pm at NJS Year 3 children will perform their Christmas play.
- Years 3, 4 and 5 will hold their Christmas parties in the school day.
As I have said throughout the week, I apologise for the inconvenience. Hopefully we have managed to rearrange everything missed over the last two days so that children can still enjoy Christmas celebrations before we finish school.
Thank you to you all for your ongoing support; it is appreciated by myself and the rest of the team.