Bake With Miss J – Week 2! This week I have been making Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins… they went down a treat with Mr Parker and Mrs Jukes! A short video has been made to show each stage…
PLEASE ENSURE YOU HAVE AN ADULT SUPPORT/HELP WITH USING THE OVEN, MICROWAVE OR WHEN HANDLING HOT TRAYS.
100g softened butter (I use stork or the supermarket equivalent)
2 medium eggs
225g self-raising flour
3 tablespoons milk
100g chocolate chips
175g unrefined golden caster sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 bananas (mashed)
Set your oven to 180 degrees, 160 degree (Fan) or gas mark 4.
- Place 12 muffin or big cupcake cases into a tray and set aside.
- Mix together the butter and sugar until smooth.
- Add in 2 eggs and mix briefly.
- Add in the self-raising flour, baking powder and mashed bananas. Mix together until smooth.
- Add in the milk and chocolate chips and mix for a final time.
- Add the mixture into each cupcake case. For this stage I use an ice-cream scoop and fill it twice. You could put two heaped spoons into each case.
- Place the tray into the oven and bake for 25 minutes.
- After 25 minutes, place a skewer or small knife into the middle of a muffin. If the skewer or knife is clean (no runny mixture), your muffins are ready. If not, bake for 2 more minutes at a time until they are full cooked.
- Cool down in the tray for at least 15-20 minutes. Then transfer onto a cooling rack.
If you decide to make these muffins, please do send an e-mail to Eloise.email@example.com – I would love to see how they turn out!
Stay tuned for another recipe next Friday!
Miss J x