Big Sing 2021
Do you like singing? Do you enjoy performing as part of a group? Would you love to be part of a brand new, one-off choir? If you think this sounds interesting, read on…!
The Big Sing this year cannot go ahead as it usually does. It was going to be filmed in schools, but now that isn’t possible either. Therefore, TACT are creating a virtual choir made up of a group of children from 15 different schools!
There are 30 places available from NJS. All year groups can take part. You will need to learn 3 songs: How Far I’ll Go, Read All About It and Dance Monkey.
All 15 schools will learn:
How Far I’ll Go – Moana https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRV7ceairTM&feature=youtu.be
Read All About It – Emeli Sandé. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NQDUOVOiIQ&feature=youtu.be
NJS has their own song, performed by just us:
Dance Monkey – Tones & I.
What you will need to do
- Tell Miss Hardy by next week that you want to be part of our choir. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to do this – it will be first come, first served!
- Watch and follow the workshop videos above.
- Learn and practise the songs.
- Record yourself singing the songs (guidance for this is provided here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wAafwk7UiI&feature=youtu.be )
- Upload your 3 recordings to an online portal (found here https://www.theartscentretelford.com/tact-in-schools-big-sing-upload )
I can’t wait to hear from you! The Big Sing event will be live streamed to people’s homes on Wednesday 5th May, Thursday 6th May and Friday 7th May at 6pm.